Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Frito's IFT

Only a few days after dropping Frito off at the Guiding Eyes training school, Julia and I returned to watch Frito take her in-for-training test. Frito was scheduled in the afternoon session but Julia and I arrived early so that we could take the kennel tour that was offered between the morning and afternoon sessions. I confess, it was really just an excuse for me to see Frito as soon as possible.

The moment we set eyes on each other was incredibly emotional and I almost lost it right there...


After a quick hello, we finished the kennel tour, went to get some lunch, and then it was test time! I do not think I have ever been this nervous for any tests I took for school and this time, it was not even me taking the test! There were a few other raisers there to see their dogs and of that group, Frito was scheduled last. I watched the other dogs do their tests, feeling so much pride for all of these dogs whom I did not even know. And then it was Frito's turn - Julia and I had to hide behind a piano so that Frito would not spot us.

Frito did really well on her test - the only moment where I was absolutely horrified by her behavior was when they had a toy bird/bat fly around in the area. Frito jumped up at the bird, not once, but twice! I was so surprised as she has never shown any interest in the many birds, pigeons, etc in the city.


And then finally - her test was over and it was time for some Frito snuggles!! She was sooooo happy to see me!


I considered smuggling Frito out the back door...


Gotta love lapradors!


A final squeeze! Frito is officially in for training!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment