Friday, April 2, 2010

Puppy Swap - Dina

Beginning March 20 through April 2, Frito was on a puppy swap with Dina, a gorgeous German Shepherd puppy being raised by Michelle Brier, who works at the training school in Yorktown Heights, NY. This swap has been a wonderful experience for both the dogs and the raisers.

Dina is a country girl who lives in Westchester County, gets to play with dogs every day, and who takes long hikes with her raiser got a chance to live in NYC where she spends her days crated while I'm at work and is walked daily on the streets of NYC.

Frito, a city girl, got to spend her time in the country meeting horses, playing with guide dogs in training at the training school, and went to work with Michelle.

Michelle got to experience a lab and I got to experience a German Shepherd, which was very challenging for me but in a good way. Dina is not as food motivated as Frito so it took a lot more effort on my part to convince her to work with me.

At the end of our swap, my relationship with Dina is 100% improved from when we first met and I will be sad to see her leave. Here are a few pictures from my time with Dina in NYC:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I'm getting a kick out of your blog and seeing service puppies in NY, my hometown! Frito reminds me a bit of Ruby and my Kiva is part shepherd, regal like Dina. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete