Monday, April 19, 2010

Frito All Grown Up

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh. There is so little hope for advancement." ~Snoopy

This quote really does not have much to do with the topic of this post but I found it and thought it was cute. The true topic of this post is that my little puppy Frito (who actually isn't so little anymore at 60 pounds) has become a "woman" - she went into heat on April 17, 2010. I've never had female dogs before and my other female dog was spayed before she went into heat so I've never had a chance to experience it. Some people recommended doggy diapers but I found them cumbersome and Frito pleaded with her eyes for me to remove them. So instead, Clorox wipes have become my best friend and are quite excellent at cleaning up the drips and drops that Dexter doesn't get to first! While in heat, Frito cannot go into the dog park so she has been spending her days pouting and dealing with just walks. Soon it will be over. :)

Frito pouting outside near the dog park:


Frito has grown into a beautiful dog:


This picture just makes me laugh:

3 comments:

  1. Oh... never experience that either - hope she "feels" better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Barbara Rector. I live in NC, and our family raises guide dogs for Southeastern Guide Dog Institute (www.guidedogs.org) out of FL. My daughter, Amy is getting a new puppy in training this Sunday, and she has started her own blog. Please check it out at amysguidedogs@blogspot.com. Frito is so pretty, and I love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed your posts, and your pics. My daughter raised a yellow lab puppy for Southeastern Guide Dog Institute. This was her high school senior project, and the 1st dog we ever had as a family. Cassidy is in FL at "puppy college" now, and Hannah will be heading off to NCSU in August. Our youngest daughter, Amy, is going to raise for SEDGI also, and her new pup arrives this Sunday. Wish us luck, and keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete