Saturday, August 7, 2010

Brooklyn Bound!

Five years ago in August, my friend Silva and I moved to New York City together from Wisconsin. It is truly crazy to think that five years have passed and even crazier to think how things have changed over those five years. One of the first things Silva and I did after arriving in NYC was to go to Coney Island so we figured what better way to celebrate our five year anniversary but to return to Coney Island. Frito decided to tag along!

"Mom - can I pleeeeease go on the sand??"


I suggested we pose for a picture together instead. I do not think Frito liked that idea quite as much but she reluctantly complied.


We found a small patch of sand along the boardwalk and I let Frito "go sniff," which she translated into "go eat." I do not think she will try that again.



It was a gorgeous day outside so there were lots and lots of people on the beach and boardwalk. Frito was not phased by any of it!




After we walked around the boardwalk and stopped to enjoy Nathan's hot dogs (yummy!), we headed over to the baseball stadium where the Brooklyn Cyclones play. It was Frito's first sports game that she attended - she did not seem all that impressed.


For the most part Frito ignored all the food and garbage on the ground, but I confess - she did snag a few pieces of popcorn. She even claimed this entire box of popcorn as her own.


At the end of the game, Frito got to meet the Cyclone mascot, which I believe was an eagle. Again, she was not terribly impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment