Monday, September 20, 2010

Laugh for Sight

Laugh For Sight is a non-profit organization located in New York City. It's collective goals are to raise funds and public awareness for retinal degenerative eye diseases – specifically retinitis pigmentosa, stargardt's disease, and macular degeneration. The proceeds benefit the Scheie Eye Institute at the University of Pennsylvania and Guiding Eyes for the Blind – one of the top guide dog schools in the world. The organization was founded by Brian Fischler, a blind comedian who recently received his first guide dog from Guiding Eyes. (His dog, Nash, is the brother to my first GEB dog Nordic and to GEB brood Nancy, who is fostered in NYC).

On September 20, 2010, Laugh for Sight held a silent auction and comedy show at the Gotham Comedy Club in Manhattan. Frito and I attended with Krissy and Paloma. Frito insisted on posing outside of the club.


There were a few other puppy raisers there with their pups, included Robbin with Erie and Linda with Vassar.


John & Evelina also came with Breezy.


Frito and I chatted briefly with Brian Fischler and Nash, who kept licking my pants near my treat pouch. I think he was trying to be as cute as possible so I would give him a treat.


Frito and I were lucky enough to sit right in front next to the stage. We had a completely unobstructed view of the stage.


Oops...Nash noticed me taking his picture! He sure is cute!


There were a lot of great comedians who performed in addition to Brian Fischler, including Jessica Kirson, Todd Barry, Jim Gaffigan, Dave Attell, John Oliver, and Robert Klein. It was a fun night full of laughs and hopefully lots of money was raised for Guiding Eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment