Saturday, May 22, 2010

Photo Shoot

Frito and I were asked to participate in a photo shoot for a soon-to-be published Spanish childrens book about guide dogs and puppy raising. The star of the book is a yellow lab (cue Frito) and the premise of our photo shoot was to do several activities around the city with Frito wearing her blue puppy coat.

We met the photographer and some other people from the publishing company outside of Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.


We then entered Penn Station where they wanted to get pictures of Frito and I looking at a train schedule and boarding a train. The first shot required me to act like I was reading the train schedule. I will be the first to admit that I am not an actor, which was readily apparent by the fact that I kept smiling and looking at the camera. Oh well - they claimed they got the shots they wanted.


We then headed down to the train platform where they took several photos of Frito and I standing next to the train pretending like we were going to board. They also took pictures of me walking next to the train, which ended up causing lots of laughter because I had a hard time walking slowly. My natural pace when walking, even with Frito, is quite fast so I really had to concentrate on slowing down.


Our final stops were outside near a park where I sat on a bench and pretended to read a newspaper. Again, my acting skills left much to be desired.


We were supposed to get some shots of Frito and I in a grocery store; however, the grocery stores in the area would not given the photographer permission to photograph inside the stores. So instead they had us pose in front of a blank wall pretending like we were looking at shelves - they intend on photoshopping Frito and I into a grocery store aisle. I am intrigued to see how that picture turns out!

At the first end of our photo shoot, my parents (who were in town visiting) got the whole group together for a picture. Overall it was a fun experience and I look forward to seeing the final product!


2 comments:

  1. that's so cool! :) I didn't know you and Frito did this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a neat experience!!!! Looking forward to seeing the final product (my mom teaches Spanish Speakers - that might work really well in her classroom!)

    ReplyDelete