Saturday, February 20, 2010

Early Socialization - Part 2

I had another opportunity to go to the Canine Development Center in Patterson, NY, and spend time in the early socialization room with a litter of puppies. This time we worked with the "B" litter that was born on January 9, 2010 to Genevieve and Yuri (Frito's daddy!) - Buttons, Blondie, Baxter, Bert, Brandy, Bonita, Barbara, Brent, Boise, and Ballad. Here are some of my favorite shots:


After our time in the early socialization room, Julia, Elizabeth, and I headed over to the training school in Yorktown Heights for the graduation ceremony. Two dogs raised in NYC graduated with their new partners - Warner, raised by Michael Lee, and Ivory, raised by Krissy Bordas.

Ivory and her new partner, Alexis Rivas:


Warner and his new partner (I cannot remember his name - he's the one in the green shirt and white hair):



3 comments:

  1. Nice shots! :) I'm currently raising Barbara from the B litter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know Alexis Rivas since I was five years old. She's a great person. I raise for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Graduations are the best times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin! I love how people from other guide dog programs can be connected to one another in so many different ways. We are all bonded together by raising these wonderful dogs for noble careers. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I agree, graduations are THE BEST! :P

    ReplyDelete