Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sit Stay & Down Stay

Lately I have been experimenting with Frito and her ability to "stay" in different situations and for different lengths of time. She is getting pretty good at staying until she hears either "come" or her release word of "free." At this rate, she'll be a rockstar by the time she goes back to GEB for her IFT.

Sit stay:



(I am definitely not a professional videographer - I almost tripped walking backwards over the hill in the dog park)

Down stay:


4 comments:

  1. make sure you dont let her eat treats off the ground often. that builds a scavenging habbit, which is bad in training. Instead, leave the treats, like you did, but pick them up and have her eat them from your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. Frito does not scavenge much but I'll keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I raise pups for GEB,too :) Frito is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Emily! I check out your blog every once in awhile as well - Pepe is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete